Monday, February 15, 2010

Heart day

Did I ever mention that I have the best husband ever? No? Well, I do.
I always viewed Valentines day as a trivial day where couples would try to out-do others and women could go around bragging about their boyfriends and how they showered them in roses and chocolate. You know. All those things that "symbolize" love.
And maybe, because I never had those things done for me I felt they were even more trivial and it was much easier for me to point my finger and scoff.
Friday was a bad day for me. I had a long stressful day at work. I messed up a couple of times, I had an nice talk with my boss and by the time the day was over I was very ready for a weekend.
Just when I didn't think the day could be any worse I realized that it was Valentines day weekend and I didn't have anything for Josh. Trivial as it may be I felt that I should do something. You know. Because everyone was doing something. My something was a silly broken down girl with tears running down her face trudging through the front door feeling worthless.
This is what I came home to:
(Inside the bag was a card from Josh, two tickets to see Valentines day, candy and a free massage, the rose I brought home from work.)
Trivial? I think not. The first thing he said was, "I was going to wait until Sunday but I felt like you needed this today!" And then I burst into tears. I really did need this. He spent all afternoon blowing up 24 balloons by himself and hanging streamers in every room.
We went out for dinner that night to Gurus. It was where we went on our first date as well as the day we got engaged. We went straight from there to the Provo Temple in time for the last
session. It was perfect.
We finished the night bouncing balloons off of each others heads for the better part of an hour. Josh is really good and shooting balloons. :) It took me a while but eventually I got it and nailed him in the face a few times. He deserved it, he had plenty of shots to my face and he ended up giving me free ones which I missed from a few feet away anyways. I haven't laughed like that in a while. It was fun.

val en tine |ˈvalənˌtīn|
noun. denoting a person chosen as a sweetheart or special friend. a person one loves
From Old French Valentin, from Latin Valentinus.

Happy Valentines Day!

2 comments:

  1. How fun. I had to comment because Eric and I went to Gurus the same day we got engaged, too! We celebrated with sweet potato fries :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an adorable valentines day!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts :)