Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day of Love.

Josh and I have both decided that neither of us like Valentines day. I absolutely hate the feeling of obligation that comes from this holiday. I don't need to validate my love for my spouse by going out in public just to make it known to everyone else. Don't get me wrong, I really don't mean to diss on anyone else. I don't care if everyone else celebrates i'm sure we all do it differently. I still put up cute decorations as I enjoy decorating for each holiday. But for me that is just it. I don't want my husband feeling like he needs to top the neighbors and buy me something just because everyone else is, and because he thinks he has to. I would much rather receive a gift on some random day of the year just because he loves me. I hate it because he never feels like his gift to me is good enough on valentines day. That makes me feel terrible because its such a trivial thing.
So this year we decided that we were going to post-pone Valentines day. Some time during the year we will do something for each other (because we want to, and just because we love each other), and that will be our valentines day. However our tradition is to spend the night in and make home-made pizza. We have done this every year we have been married. I love it as it fits us both.
And what's pizza with out Henry Weinhards Root beer?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts :)