Sunday, August 15, 2010

Wow! Much has happened since my last post. We have just been so busy that I have not had any time to blog. Well, first things first. WE MOVED!! You have to be a full time student to continue living at Wymount, which brings me to the next exciting piece of news....
JOSH GRADUATED!!
...from the College of Life Science with a Bachelor of Science in Nutritional Science. (science, science, science...haha. He is a smarty what can I say?) I am so proud of him and all that he has accomplished!! With that said we graduated from our lowly 600 square foot apartment to almost 1000 square feet. May not seem like much but for us its amazing! We absolutely love our new apartment. It is the upstairs end of a six-plex which makes it feel so much more like a house. As a bonus it is only a 3 minute drive to my work as apposed to the 25-30 minute drive it used to be. We could really see ourselves living here for a while. The move was a lot of work especially since we just went from Provo to Orem. We are sure glad to be moved in. We are starting to settle a little bit more and it is beginning to feel like home. Pictures to come!
Well on to another piece of news: The hummingbirds hatched right before we moved.
It was so fun to watch them grow, learn to fly and leave the nest. It happened in the matter of one week. They sure grow fast and it was amazing to watch.
Back in July we took Josh's cousin Seth came down from SLC to go climbing for the first time with us. It was fun to spend more time with him and go out and do what we love. He was a natural and seemed to really enjoy it. I'm sure we will all go again soon.
Also back in July, Josh and I went hiking. It is kind of a funny story. Josh had really been itching to get outside after a long week and was pretty set on hiking. So on Sunday afternoon we got our packs ready for what we thought would be just a couple miles. We started at the top of Squaw Peak lookout in Orem. We thought that maybe we could somehow get over to the actually Peak in a short amount of time. Long story short we took some crazy back trail that went on the other side of the mountain and ended up coming down Rock Canyon in Provo... about 12 miles later! I can't complain because we ended up going on this amazing hike through Beautiful scenery that we would not have otherwise seen. Not to mention one of the most incredible fields of wild flowers I've ever seen. Although, we did run out of water and were exhausted by the time we got down to the rock canyon parking lot. Thank you Pa once again for saving us. That would have been one LONG walk back to the car!
Here are some pictures. It was pretty amazing.
















You can bet I was singing the Sound of Music the whole time in my infamous opera voice. (Sorry again Haylen). Mostly for my entertainment but also to keep the bears away! (I feel bad for any other hikers nearby...)


The hills are

alive

with

the

Sound

of
Music...
(Or at least they were...)


4 comments:

  1. I've hiked Squaw Peak, but I knew what I was getting myself into when I did it! It was a beautiful hike, though, and the view is worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We actually never ended up at Squaw peak. We weren't even close to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA! Guess who else was singing "... The hills are alive...!" when she saw the picture of the beautiful field of wild flowers. (uhm... Haylen didn't like it very much as I too sing in my opera voice...)
    p.s. CABIN PICTUES PLEASE

    ReplyDelete
  4. We enjoyed seeing your pictures and reading your comments. Sounds like you had a great time. The pictures are great. I'm like Dani said "I could just hear the music as I looked at the pictures!"
    It is always fun to check everyone's blogs. Keep it up. Wish I was as clever :-)
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts :)