Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Checkers?

So I was digging through my closet (which wasn't hard because it is about two feet deep...ha!) and I found some games that we got for our wedding. We hadn't even opened them yet. I was so surprised...
One of the un-opened games was Checkers. (Chinese, regular and chess). I remember wanting to buy this game when we first got married so I was excited to find out that I already had it.
My first thought was: "Holy smokes I haven't played this game in years, I wonder why that is!?"
... Josh reminded me. Quickly.
I lost 5/5 games. During one round I was totally schooling Josh with four kinged pieces against his one (non kinged piece).

Somehow I STILL managed to set them up so that he skipped ALL FOUR kinged pieces in one move. ha!
Second thought:
"OH YEAAAAAH.....this is why I don't play this game!"
I don't think I have ever laughed harder at my own stupidity.
Josh thought I was joking...
Its amazing how many memories came back of playing this with Dani and of mom hiding it so that we couldn't play it anymore... hmm...

We had a good laugh, and then I proceeded to put it back on the shelf in very back of the closet where it will stay for another ten years until I forget why I put it there.

2 comments:

  1. HA HA HA!! Holy cow I just flashed back to I- don't-know-how-many friday nights, playing this in the living room with you; Carlee and Colton asking to play the winner, and us arguing so bad we didn't even finish the game! So fun! I want to play again!! Thanks for the memory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got a chuckle out of this activity :-) Sounds like you need some new games so you don't have to hide them in the back of the closet. We enjoy your blog. I am always checking to see if you have added anything.
    Love ya!! counting down til the cabin!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts :)