Tuesday, March 23, 2010

No words....

Well, actually here's a few...
Obama's health care reform passed on Sunday.
I can't spend too much time talking about it or I will become upset. All I can say is these are crazy times we live in. In case you didn't know. But keep your chin up and buy some food storage :)

Obama's speech: "We rose above the weight of our politics, we pushed back on the undue influence of special interests, we didn't give in to mistrust, or to cynicism, or to fear. We proved that this government, a government of the people and by the people, still works for the people." Really?...REALLY?


So basically he won the Noble Peace Prize for great Potential...hmm?! Weird! Everything he has done so far has been unconstitutional, and recently specifically violates the constitution in regards to state sovereignty. Really? Yep, he's on a role.

So... lets get this straight... they just passed a health care plan written by a committee whose chairman says he didn't understand it, passed by a Congress that exempts themselves from it, signed by a president who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese...and better yet it is to be financed by a country that is broke??!!



Everyone ready for D.M.V Style health care?? Hope so. Here it comes.

All of you out there who are praising this act should maybe actually, you know, READ the constitution. You can barrow my copy, I carry it in my purse these days.
The government that has the power to provide everything, has the power to take everything away. Look at history. Nothing good has EVER come from a powerful central government. I suppose if so many of us are naive enough to believe this whole debacle is only about health care, we are naive enough to believe history does not repeat itself.- Matt Empey

Ok I'm done. *takes deep breath!"*

3 comments:

  1. i see where you're going with this....and although i don't understand the specifics, i agree with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm Dani's bro-in-law and I stumbled across your post. I hope you don't mind if I offer a correction to your comment that the health care bill is unconstitutional on the grounds of state sovereignty:

    The US constitution provides the federal government with the power to regulate commerce among the several states and the courts have ruled that insurance was within the definition of commerce. If the constitution states that if the federal government has the power, then any law established on that law is supreme and unchallengeable by the states.
    The more probable court challenge would be the constitutionality passing a bill by reconciliation, which is a strategy for passing controversial bills used regularly by both parties (85 times in the last 5 years).
    I hope this isn't an inappropriate response to a post on a family blog, but I thought this info might be helpful due to your obvious interest in political issues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I understand what you are saying and you are right. I guess I should re-phrase what I was trying to say. I am no political science major, However, I believe that we are being deceived and that what is happening is wrong. I also believe and have seen the constitution be bent an reshaped in way to make it seem as though what they are doing is for our benefit. I know this to be false. My philosophy is: Do your homework, then pray about it. Leaning not unto my own understanding, or what I am told. Thank you for the correction. I can't and don't really want to argue with that. haha. I don't have a way with words and don't enjoy debates. I figure, no matter how I express my opinion someone will disagree. Right?
    Nothing you said was inappropriate :) Thanks for reading my blog!
    I feel special that anyone takes any interest!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts :)